Shalom Food Pantry is a volunteer-run organization, and we have many different volunteer opportunities for adults and teenagers. You can volunteer for as a little as an hour a month and it makes a huge difference.
1. Making Food Packages. One Sunday of every month teen volunteers put together food packages that will be delivered.
2. Delivering Food Packages. The bulk of the recipients have the food delivered to them, as they have no means of transportation or are housebound. We deliver primarily in Albany, Guilderland, and Bethlehem.
3. Food Bank Pick Up. Twice a month food is ordered from the regional food bank in Latham. Volunteers are needed to pick up the order and bring it to our location in Delmar.
4. Food Drives. We partner with local stores to fight hunger. We have scheduled food drives throughout the year at participating stores. Volunteers can sign up for 1-2 hour shifts manning the food drive.
5. Other Opportunities. Contact us to find out about other volunteer opportunities!
If you are interested in volunteering please contact Chanie at 439-3310 or Chanie@ShalomFoodPantry.com.